We build all our business websites, ecommerce shops, business blogs, directory and membership sites using WordPress software. WordPress is a free, fully customizeable, CMS [Content Management System] software platform designed specifically so it’s easy for you to update your own website’s content and images (no coding or programming required!).
WordPress powers over 25% of the entire world’s websites, and 60% of all CMS based websites, making it the dominant website building software. WordPress’ modular design and over 40,000 plugins makes it easy to add features at any time to your website — giving you the functionality you need at a price you can afford at each stage of your business growth.
All our WordPress themes are “mobile responsive”, which means they automatically resize to fit screens on mobile devices like iPhones and iPads. So you only need one website to accomodate all different kinds of computers, like computer desktop monitors, tablets, and mobile phones, saving you money on development and maintenance costs.
Why We Use the WordPress Genesis Framework by StudioPress
- All of our website development projects are built as child themes for the Genesis Framework, the industry standard for WordPress theme design. Over 177,000 WordPress users trust StudioPress and the Genesis Framework.
- Google Loves Genesis and WordPress! The Genesis framework is already optimized for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) which increases organic (free) traffic to your website by helping you to rank higher in Google search results. Genesis also includes HTML5 code, support for microdata and schema.org all built in — again all key components for correct SEO according to Google best practices.
- Genesis is also maximized for speed and website security – helping keep visitors on your site longer and hackers from taking control of your website.
- Genesis is mobile responsive right out of the box. So your website always looks great on any device.
- Made in the USA! Genesis contains top quality code to WordPress.org standards, and is well supported by its developers, StudioPress and Rainmaker Digital, which are USA based companies.
- Genesis is fully widgetized, and we make full use of it’s modular design making it easy for you to modify and change how your content is displayed.
- Genesis plays nice with ecommerce plugins for Shopify, iThemes Exchange, WooCommerce, and other key plugins and tools so we can build you a fast, clean, bulletproof site with just the features you need.
We Trust the Genesis Framework To Provide a Secure and Speedy Foundation for Our Websites
I’ve used the StudioPress Genesis Framework since the beginning in 2007 when it was Brian Gardner’s Revolution Themes. Genesis is a streamlined but feature rich framework – it doesn’t carry any code bloat or trendy builders that can cause issues down the line with future WordPress updates or slow your website to a crawl.
Using the Genesis Theme framework drastically reduces our development time – and the costs we have to charge you for a custom website. Genesis comes packaged with a great many features and customization options, so we don’t have to code basic functionality from scratch.
It’s professional theme building software, from a company that’s a solid leader in the WordPress world. I’ve tried many other themes and frameworks over the years, and Genesis has provided the most stable, long-lasting code for my client’s websites. I trust Brian and the team at StudioPress.com to keep updating the framework code so that I can focus on crafting the design and user experiences that my Clients need at an affordable price — and not waste money reinventing the wheel or troubleshooting backend code.
What Is A WordPress Theme Framework?
WordPress software – called a Theme – consist of two parts, the database that stores your content – posts, pages, images, etc. – and the front end design that displays that data and allows your client users and visitors to interact with your website. The Genesis Framework is the Theme software that works with WordPress to create the design and features of your website. It’s that WordPress Theme code that customizes your WordPress website and makes it unique to you. When WordPress’ core code changes frequently to keep ahead of security problems, and that usually means the Theme code needs to be updated. This can cause problems if you have a customized Theme, and can be costly to fix for each update.
The Genesis Framework uses a Child Theme structure. Three layers of code, WordPress itself, then Genesis Framework Theme, then the Genesis Child Theme which has all your custom colors, fonts and layout designs. So when WordPress updates, the Genesis Framework Theme can be updated — instead of your Child Theme. So your customizations stay intact and you can safely always be on the latest version of WordPress keeping your website most secure.